DioEnglish.com

Title: what do you usually do when you feel bored and depressed? [Print]

Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-7 15:51
Title: what do you usually do when you feel bored and depressed?
it's really hard for a person to be cheerful and energetic all the time. when the blue hits, what do you usually do to adjust to it? there are a number of options for us. do you have one particularly and effectively for you ? share your opinions here and sooner or later i reckon we can figure out the top five or top ten list for the people in need.
Author: woods    Time: 2009-6-11 07:49
spring out the boredom
Author: Sophia_kk    Time: 2009-6-11 09:44
go shopping if have money; listen to music if alone;  talk to friends if not alone;  reading if books on hands;  sleeping if tired;  eating good food if hungry.
Author: doudou    Time: 2009-6-11 11:04
do some reading and have sock to kill the boring time and digest dim mood.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-11 11:11
woods: spring out the boredom
yeah, but you need certain means to release it huh~~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-11 11:14
Sophia_kk: go shopping if have money; listen to music if alone;  talk to friends if not alone;  reading if books on hands;  sleeping if tired;  eating good food
it's funny yet very inclusive. it's easy for people in need to find one mamageable for him huh. thanks for sharing it here. i like your suggestions very much~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-11 11:15
doudou: do some reading and have sock to kill the boring time and digest dim mood.
en, a great idea~~~
Author: woods    Time: 2009-6-11 13:34
Eat some delicious food to make my stomach distend then get a pleasant sleep.Everything will be ok.
Author: muyiowen    Time: 2009-6-11 16:32
I will do some sports for example playing football
Author: Carry    Time: 2009-6-11 19:54
Play basketball~~Kobe is so cool
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-11 20:29
muyiowen: I will do some sports for example playing football
That's good. i like this one.  you will have a totally different state of mood after your sweating  and  fighting in the pitch~~~ but how about girls? for  football is not the popular games among them.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-11 20:43
Carry: Play basketball~~Kobe is so cool
a good choice. i like this one, too. sports can ease our pressures and let us forget those troublesome everyday routines. i bet you will feel energetic and spirited after it and then it's not a problem to face whatever in front of you. but the same question--- girls are not that into basketball like boys. do you have any good suggestions for them or for us huh~~~
Author: cappuccino    Time: 2009-6-11 23:45
When i feel bored i'll surf online or hang out with friends.
I think one of the efficient ways for girls who are upset is to cry. No matter loud or silent, releasing your stress is the purpose. Technically, it is good to our health when we cry for stress.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-12 06:42
cappuccino: When i feel bored i'll surf online or hang out with friends.
I think one of the efficient ways for girls who are upset is to cry. No matter loud or si
you are right. if you just suppress your feelings and indulge you in it, in the end it will result in something terrible. by crying it out, we will eventually gain the courage face whatever causes it and find a way out~~~ thanks for you opinions
Author: muyiowen    Time: 2009-6-12 09:42
Fionahere: That's good. i like this one.  you will have a totally different state of mood after your sweating  and  fighting in the pitch~~~ but how about girls?
Yeah, you are right, in my opinion, when you get depressed, don't stay alone. For boys we can go to sport or play web games with good friends, for your girls you can make a call to your best freinds to tell them why you feel bad or go shopping with someone.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-12 12:32
muyiowen: Yeah, you are right, in my opinion, when you get depressed, don't stay alone. For boys we can go to sport or play web games with good friends, for you
thanks. you suggestions for girls are just the same as what we really  do huh~~~but i prefer you guys' way of release your pressure and depressions~~~
Author: susan_shi    Time: 2009-6-12 12:42
Sophia_kk: go shopping if have money; listen to music if alone;  talk to friends if not alone;  reading if books on hands;  sleeping if tired;  eating good food
good idear.you are so cute.
Author: cappuccino    Time: 2009-6-12 12:53
Fionahere: you are right. if you just suppress your feelings and indulge you in it, in the end it will result in something terrible. by crying it out, we will ev
just share my experiences. haha
Nice topic!
Author: susan_shi    Time: 2009-6-12 12:54
I'd like to listen music,this is the best way for me.and even sometimes i will invite couple friends to KTV,sing the bored things out,then you will feel more better after singing out.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-12 12:57
cappuccino: just share my experiences. haha
Nice topic!
thanks~~
Author: susan_shi    Time: 2009-6-12 13:25
Fionahere: yes, you are right. music is of magic sometimes and it can guarantee you a peaceful mind~~~ thanks for your comments. i like it. Indeed, this is one o
yes,music is truly of magic,it beyond national boundary,i think every one would like she.
Author: Sophia_kk    Time: 2009-6-12 14:11
susan_shi: good idear.you are so cute.
Thank you~I was used to being boring in spare time.So many methods I have tried
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-13 18:47
Sophia_kk: Thank you~I was used to being boring in spare time.So many methods I have tried
that's the reason why we say experiences are our priceless fortune~~~
Author: tina123    Time: 2009-6-20 10:16
hehe...music is of magic
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-20 10:52
tina123: hehe...music is of magic
yeah, music is powerful~~
Author: tina123    Time: 2009-6-21 10:03
yeah,i like it very much.
Author: danny    Time: 2009-6-23 17:35
when i meet something boring or depressing , i always tell my best friends what's wrong with myself if i can find them easily , if i'm single , i always sing songs and then all the bad things have gone to the blue sky , you know , i really llike sing so much , it's my whole life interest . sometimes i also read a book or eat some food to adjust myself and try to forget the depression .
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-23 19:39
danny: when i meet something boring or depressing , i always tell my best friends what's wrong with myself if i can find them easily , if i'm single , i alwa
that's good . you really have a lot of choices huh~~ i suppose you must be a good singer, right
Author: danny    Time: 2009-6-23 22:34
not so good , it's just my hobby and i like it all the time , someone has said that interest is the best teacher , practice more and i believe i will make great progress then . if one day i can sing as well as zhangxueyou , i'll be so happy that i can't sleep in three nights , but that's almost impossible , i know . anyhow , just try hard .
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-6-24 12:27
danny: not so good , it's just my hobby and i like it all the time , someone has said that interest is the best teacher , practice more and i believe i will
you are kinda diligent and determined huh~~ nothing is impossible wish u good luck
Author: danny    Time: 2009-6-24 19:40
Fionahere: you are kinda diligent and determined huh~~ nothing is impossible wish u good luck
thank you so much
Author: venus    Time: 2009-8-8 23:35
When I feel depressed, I usually go shopping or talk with my best friend. Sometimes I will buy one or two DVDs(horror film or non-serious film) and I think they are helpful to me. Besides, I will practice Yoga , Yoga is very good in mood regulation
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-9 09:27
venus: When I feel depressed, I usually go shopping or talk with my best friend. Sometimes I will buy one or two DVDs(horror film or non-serious film) and I
oh, it's really good. i can see you really find some good ways to release your depression. i can adopt the first two ways, but yoga is kinda difficult for me. my body is not flexible enough, i think...
Author: Anna11788    Time: 2009-8-12 10:51
riding a bike, listening to the music and enjoying the scenery on the road...when i return home,everything's fine
Author: splash    Time: 2009-8-12 16:05
wandering outside,to go somewhere you have nerve been...
Author: splash    Time: 2009-8-12 16:07
wandering outside,to go somewhere you have nerve been...
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-12 17:20
Anna11788: riding a bike, listening to the music and enjoying the scenery on the road...when i return home,everything's fine
i imagine if you do these three things together, it will be really cool. and definitely you're gonna forget everything annoying~~
Author: xiaoma    Time: 2009-8-12 18:02
when i feel bored and depressed, i will go to do a lot of sports and make myself totally tired. Then go to take a shower. After it i will lie on the bed and listen to music or just write some words about my feeling today. yeah, then i will be better. you can have a try.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-12 18:31
splash: wandering outside,to go somewhere you have nerve been...
this is new to me huh, but it's great to explore somewhere new and it's no doubt that you're gonna feel spirited agian~~
Author: jmmona    Time: 2009-8-13 11:33
have  a rich deal!cause you should be care  for your stomach~then sing songs loudly,wild~the louder ,the better
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-13 11:37
jmmona: have  a rich deal!cause you should be care  for your stomach~then sing songs loudly,wild~the louder ,the better
really,  does that work for you? indeed when i 'm depressed i don't want to sing any more~~
Author: jmmona    Time: 2009-8-13 12:07
Fionahere: really,  does that work for you? indeed when i 'm depressed i don't want to sing any more~~
yeah~it does much work!and i'll fall in the rock world~then it rocked me to be energetic again...so~have you got any other advice it may be helpful to u?
Author: Piano    Time: 2009-8-13 12:54
sit down somewhere unknown by others, watch the sunshine and green trees or somethings around me, watch the distant place, let the thinkings wandering in my mind, fancy here and there.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-13 13:48
jmmona: yeah~it does much work!and i'll fall in the rock world~then it rocked me to be energetic again...so~have you got any other advice it may be helpful to
yeah, recently, i find two ways effective for me. first, i would like to tidy up all my stuff, like my bookshelf, my closet or my drawer. i will feel refreshed when i see everything of mine is in order. i guess it feels like a new beginning when you get everything arranged and so does your mood. besides, i bought one handwriting specimens for copying. when i'm upset and cannot concentrate my attention on anything, i will take it out and sit by the desk and copy several pages of the sentences. it's wonderful, i have to say that. these two ways are effective for me and i don't know whether it works for somebody else. anyway, you can give it a try~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-13 13:49
Piano: sit down somewhere unknown by others, watch the sunshine and green trees or somethings around me, watch the distant place, let the thinkings wandering
i like your way of dealing the unsettled feelings. next time i'm gonna give it a try~~ thanks for your thoughts here
Author: jmmona    Time: 2009-8-13 17:01
Fionahere: yeah, recently, i find two ways effective for me. first, i would like to tidy up all my stuff, like my bookshelf, my closet or my drawer. i will feel
sounds good~you really know how to make a guy feel better~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-13 17:05
jmmona: sounds good~you really know how to make a guy feel better~
thanks, i'm flattered~~~
Author: tracylee721    Time: 2009-8-14 08:04
Well,reading,dong sports such as running,taking down a diary,sending short message or talk to friends...are all good ways!If you are really in deep depress,maybe crying can be the best way to cure yourself!
Author: LobyEina    Time: 2009-8-14 15:24
it's funny that when i feel down i will think over the past things ..weired ,i recall the sad matters and soon i am crying more ...may be  i shuold find some way out
Author: monkeylinstar    Time: 2009-8-15 17:22
hang out with my friends or chat on qq or xiaonei.com
Author: uniquemandy    Time: 2009-8-15 20:55
If i meet something boring or depressing,doing exercise may be a good choice for me.during it,i would forget what i was worried about and make my mind blank.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-16 17:45
tracylee721: Well,reading,dong sports such as running,taking down a diary,sending short message or talk to friends...are all good ways!If you are really in deep de
you are right~~you sound like a psychologist huh. thanks for your good suggestions
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-16 17:49
LobyEina: it's funny that when i feel down i will think over the past things ..weired ,i recall the sad matters and soon i am crying more ...may be  i shuold fi
partially correct, crying is also a good way to change you mood. while you are crying, the unhapppiness is gone. but you think the unhappy when you are alreay depressed, i suppose you are gonna feel more dejected...
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-16 17:59
monkeylinstar: hang out with my friends or chat on qq or xiaonei.com
chatting with friends is always a good cure for loneliness and depression~~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-16 18:01
uniquemandy: If i meet something boring or depressing,doing exercise may be a good choice for me.during it,i would forget what i was worried about and make my mind
it's a healthy way to confront the depression. i 'll try it when the blue hits me~~
Author: LunaDEJ    Time: 2009-8-16 19:34
In general,i may indulge myself in what i am keen on.for example,listen to music;draw some pictures;think about my future life or perspective(in a manner of speaking IMAGINATION);Or having a sound sleep without think anything of complication.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-16 21:31
LunaDEJ: In general,i may indulge myself in what i am keen on.for example,listen to music;draw some pictures;think about my future life or perspective(in a man
that's good. i can see that you are that kind of person who tends to see the bottle is half empty(in a manner of speaking OPTIMISTIC)
Author: LunaDEJ    Time: 2009-8-17 10:22
Fionahere: that's good. i can see that you are that kind of person who tends to see the bottle is half empty(in a manner of speaking OPTIMISTIC)
thanks ~
I am glad to hear that someone al last regard me as an optimistic girl
Author: amyzheng    Time: 2009-8-17 13:42
If I meet something made me boring or depressing,i want sleep,then make a nice dream.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-17 13:54
amyzheng: If I meet something made me boring or depressing,i want sleep,then make a nice dream.
sometimes i will try this one, but you can not sleep whenever and wherever you are~~~
Author: bo-cheung    Time: 2009-8-17 16:05
crying or write some express my feeling
Author: loong    Time: 2009-8-18 09:36
shopping,playing tennis,playing the piano,leraning a language,going for a place,or chatting with anybody,or listening to the music,climbing mountains,,observing stars at night.or writting a novel and so on ...............
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-18 10:20
loong: shopping,playing tennis,playing the piano,leraning a language,going for a place,or chatting with anybody,or listening to the music,climbing mountains,
so many ways huh~~~
Author: monkeylinstar    Time: 2009-8-18 14:24
Fionahere: chatting with friends is always a good cure for loneliness and depression~~~
yes,my friends make me comfortable.
Author: 秀一    Time: 2009-8-20 00:53
See some movies or sleep.
If time is allowed,I choose to travel.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-20 11:34
秀一: See some movies or sleep.
If time is allowed,I choose to travel.
yeah, travelling is always good for mood -changing, but it is kinda time-consuming~~~
Author: livane    Time: 2009-8-25 21:06
write the diary or send the messages to my friends
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-30 13:15
livane: write the diary or send the messages to my friends
they are good ways. it's true when we feel depressed or bored we either want to be with our best friend or just be alone and be sober
Author: Monica@    Time: 2009-8-30 13:21
I'd like to write it in my texbook.write my sadness out!
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-8-30 14:12
Monica@: I'd like to write it in my texbook.write my sadness out!
it's a good way to release the bad mood if no friends are around~~
Author: 田田想你    Time: 2009-8-30 16:47
I  don't want to do anything……just thinking or sleeping
Author: TinaHo    Time: 2009-9-1 00:46
1.talk to my friends who i really trust
2.stay alone and keep calm by myself
3.listen to the music and think about the sunny side of the problems.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-9-5 02:38
田田想你: I  don't want to do anything……just thinking or sleeping
yeah, it always happens~~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-9-5 02:47
TinaHo: 1.talk to my friends who i really trust
2.stay alone and keep calm by myself
3.listen to the music and think about the sunny side of the problems.
They are all good ways to adopt when we feel bord. i can see that most of the tim you are  spirited or at least optimistic ~~~thanks for your efforts here
Author: sun850309    Time: 2009-9-5 15:26
if i am unhappy, i 'll in no mood to study . most of the time i'll search some funny movies or play games here .sometimes i'll go shopping . I wonder what others do at this situation.
Author: TinaHo    Time: 2009-9-6 00:47
Fionahere: They are all good ways to adopt when we feel bord. i can see that most of the tim you are  spirited or at least optimistic ~~~thanks for your efforts
you are welcome
Author: Angela_smile    Time: 2009-9-6 14:58
listening music
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-9-9 13:05
sun850309: if i am unhappy, i 'll in no mood to study . most of the time i'll search some funny movies or play games here .sometimes i'll go shopping . I wonder
you can read all the replies here and i'm sure you can find some other good ways to handle this kind of situations~~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-9-9 13:13
Angela_smile: listening music
it should be light music huh~~~the music can always soothe our upset mood
Author: moli    Time: 2009-9-9 13:48
I prefer to take a walk or listen to my favorite songs.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-9-9 15:15
moli: I prefer to take a walk or listen to my favorite songs.
they are good ways for us to change the current mood, for we will feel different when we pay more attention to the people around us and the beauty in the music~~
Author: 756925876    Time: 2009-10-2 13:52
sleeping .
Author: Abele    Time: 2009-10-2 19:05
playing computer game
Author: swing    Time: 2009-10-6 14:59
eat delicious food! i like eating!
Author: song1989    Time: 2009-10-6 20:36
maybe you can play a computer game . so that ,you may forget something boring or depressing you much ,due to you do not have  redundant time to think another things .
Author: superjesus    Time: 2009-10-8 10:30
Staying alone when you feel depressed might be a better way if you don't want to hurt others or to be hurt any more.  Sometimes it might be dangerous if you fall in deep bottom, but most of time it may help you.  It's necessary for you to clear off the stuff in your mind.  Stop thinking something really hurts you if you feel bad.  Divert your attention by watching some horror films.  I believe big horror will cut off your bad feeling. Reading is also a good idea whatever you feel lonely, but as I can remember, it never helped me when I feel bad.  I even can't concentrate myself to the content of the book.  So it's not a good idea for me to get myself out of the depress.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-10-10 17:34
superjesus: Staying alone when you feel depressed might be a better way if you don't want to hurt others or to be hurt any more.  Sometimes it might be dangerous
you are absolutely right. reading is also not a good way for me when i feel bored. i sometimes just feel so upset or uneasy and could not focus my attention on it. As for the horror movie, i 've never tried that. maybe next time, i can give it a shot and see if it's an effective way huh, but first of all it takes courage to see a horror movie by myself~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-10-10 19:50
song1989: maybe you can play a computer game . so that ,you may forget something boring or depressing you much ,due to you do not have  redundant time to
it's great, but indeed i just know a little about some famous computer games huh. if every thing is available for me, next time i will give it a try huh~~thanks for your comments~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-10-10 19:53
swing: eat delicious food! i like eating!
indeed, sometimes i do the same. it is said food can make us feel better when we are blue, but usually i feel a little bit guilty after that huh~~
Author: mistletoe82    Time: 2009-10-10 21:43
have some soft music, like new age type, just to purify our souls and help clean all the dirt and dust from our frustrating moods
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-10-11 07:29
mistletoe82: have some soft music, like new age type, just to purify our souls and help clean all the dirt and dust from our frustrating moods
you are absolutely right. with this kind of soft music  permeating in the air, we will feel really relaxed. it seems this sort of music has kinda healing power huh~~ by the way , who is your favorite new age musician?
Author: mistletoe82    Time: 2009-11-19 22:24
uh, i just heard Secret Garden, Bandari, etc. They are common, and easy to get. These kinds of soft music have better affects only when we are alone in the night. At these moments, we can calm down and think something deeper. I like to be around in that situation. But sounds like too depressive
Author: Lizzyjiang    Time: 2009-11-22 19:33
I always want to stay alone or sometimes go out to eat a lot.
Author: Jo_grey    Time: 2009-11-23 14:08
Listen to music, go shopping or eat something sweet...
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-11-23 21:12
mistletoe82: uh, i just heard Secret Garden, Bandari, etc. They are common, and easy to get. These kinds of soft music have better affects only when we are alone i
not at all. In this hustle and bustle world, we do need the space only belonged to us. whenever and wherever  we feel blue, we can resort to it~~
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-11-23 21:13
Jo_grey: Listen to music, go shopping or eat something sweet...
like ice cream or a piece of cake huh.
Author: Fionahere    Time: 2009-11-23 21:15
Lizzyjiang: I always want to stay alone or sometimes go out to eat a lot.
we all tend to do that when we feel blue, but it's not good for us to relieve our depression. usually when i finished my indulgement, i would feel quite guilty...
Author: Jo_grey    Time: 2009-11-24 11:52
Fionahere: like ice cream or a piece of cake huh.
Wow, that's my favorite! I can't live without ice cream...
Author: swing    Time: 2009-11-24 21:00
you can thinking,play computer,eating and reading. you can do anything when you are boring.
Author: lingfangsong    Time: 2009-11-25 16:23
when i fell unhappy and depressed.i need to calm down alone,don't wanna talk to anybody,just consider something about the future..then i go back home and listen to music and sleep....

Welcome to DioEnglish.com (http://www.dioenglish.com/) Powered by Discuz! X2.5