Print Previous Next

Tell me sth about your hometown

[Copy Link]

Threads

Friends

Jump to
楼主
Post on 2009-6-18 16:13:01 |View author's posts only |View in descending order
Tell me sth about your hometown, just about anything you like, scenery, food, people, places of interest, history, anything in your hometown or the town/city you live in you wanna share with us.
I think, by introducing sth about our hometown, our knowledge could be enriched in a fun way.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

沙发
Post on 2009-6-20 11:51:42 |View author's posts only
this is a great topic! hehe, I'm in!

Beijing's my hometown, in which I've been living all my life. I've traveled here and there around China now and then and I enjoyed that very much. Yet beijing's my hometown, and it's something more than just a top north city.

You see everything here! The old and new; the rich and poor. Many modern skycrapers are built, and if you go to visit the CBD or finicial street area you'll see. on the contray, there are traditional temples and lanes spotted around every little coner where you can fully taste the authentic flavor of BJ

There's a lot more to discover, but I won't say, and it's good for u to explore by yourself ~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

板凳
Post on 2009-6-20 19:34:14 |View author's posts only
well~Xinjiang ,Urumqi is my hometown,which is a charming and mysterious city!!!Characteristics of landform of Xinjiang are described as mountains and basins alternating with each other and basins caught in mountains’ embrace. Local people simply describe this characteristic as “three mountains with a basin between each two”.Many "mosts" of China are found in Xinjiang -- the driest, hottest, and coldest places are in Xinjiang, and China's longest inland river, lowest land and greatest desert are here as well.
as is known to all,xinjiang is well-known  its fruits ,like watermelon ,grapes ...too sweet~umm....

Xinjiang is also abundant and unique in its tourist resources.
if u go there, u will be attracted by wild landscapes and particular combination of natural sights. Here, u can see snow-capped mountains stand in very hot land, and deserts neighbor on oases. Some famous scenic spots maybe have already been known to u, such as Tianchi Lake, Kanas Lake, Bosten Lake and Bayanbulak Grassland.
in a world,travel to the xinjiang is ur best choice!

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

地板
Post on 2009-6-22 07:58:01 |View author's posts only
catnfish: this is a great topic! hehe, I'm in!

Beijing's my hometown, in which I've been living all my life. I've traveled here and there around China now and
Is there still a lot of Sihe Yuan (四合院)in Beijing?Someone from Tianjin told me that he found a lot of places in Beijing similar to those of  his hometown's, Sihe Yuan is one of them.
Well, that the old and the new exist alongside applies to view in Guangzhou, too. I guess this is the characteristic for the International cities.
Have you ever been to Guangzhou? If you do, could you compare these two cities to me?
And have you ever been to Shanghai? What's the different feeling these two cities give you?
Cos for the time being, I am not able to travel toBJ, I wish u could tell me more.

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

5#
Post on 2009-6-22 09:57:56 |View author's posts only
Danny❤1989: well~Xinjiang ,Urumqi is my hometown,which is a charming and mysterious city!!!Characteristics of landform of Xinjiang are described as mountains and b
really?~ I want to travel xinjiang this summer for a few days!!~

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

6#
Post on 2009-6-22 10:04:04 |View author's posts only
danielrayslee: Is there still a lot of Sihe Yuan (四合院)in Beijing?Someone from Tianjin told me that he found a lot of places in Beijing similar to those of  his home
havent been to Guangdong yet, and the closest bit might be Guangxi guilin-yangshuo I went.~ ha. Would love to go there and taste the awesom food~:)

yes the traditional typical bj style houses are still here and there~ hehe and they are pretty pricy now~

I've gone to shanghai last year sometimes around national holiday..hmm.. not many comments about that place.. I think the ppl are nicer than I expected, but the taxi drivers are way less friendly and hospitable than their beijing counterparts~

nightview of waitan's gorgeous... other than that there isn't much to recall.. one more thing is I found a really nice restaurant called little sesame?~(小芝麻、黑芝麻~) which has great food and competitive price ~highly recommend, since it's not easy to find good food matches its price there in shanghai~ ha just kidding

do you agree with me?~ would love to hear something about guangzhou ~ ^____^

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

7#
Post on 2009-6-22 14:50:37 |View author's posts only
my hometown is the capital of a province, so it can be categorized as a big modern city.  It was built across the Yangtz river with the longest bridge in China. It does have some scentic spots but i prefer the food with the familiar smell and taste.
i have to say my hometown is an ancient city with abundant  history and traditional cultures  which are demonstrated by the ancient city walls surrounding its center.
despite the emotional association, i don't really like my hometown, because it is always overcrowded which brings a series of problems, such as traffic congestion, housing shortage, littering, interpersonal conflicts.....
hopefully, in the soon future, i will love my hometown in both emotional and enviromental ways

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

8#
Post on 2009-6-22 15:07:09 |View author's posts only
crazycool: my hometown is the capital of a province, so it can be categorized as a big modern city.  It was built across the Yangtz river with the longest bridge
So, it's Nanchang of Jiangsu province you are talking about. At first I'd thought it's gonna be Si'an, which all associates with the ancient emperors, and stuff like that, as well as the modernizaion nowadays.
As for the longest bridge in China, would you mind telling me its name?
What's the traditional culture prevailing in your hometown right now?
Have you ever been to Jiangsi? I would like to know the difference between Jiangsu and Jiangsi, as I'd always found these two cities baffling similar to each other?
Is Jiangsu the place where beautiful girls are abundant?
And what about the ancient city walls? Who built them, would you mind sharing with me?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

9#
Post on 2009-6-22 15:21:56 |View author's posts only
Danny❤1989: well~Xinjiang ,Urumqi is my hometown,which is a charming and mysterious city!!!Characteristics of landform of Xinjiang are described as mountains and b
I am always amazed by Xinjiang, be it the views and the people living there, and also your culture.
What does Urumqi mean in your mother language? Does it mean the big mountains? And why do you call your hometown myserious? Is there really sth very particular about it? Tell me, I wanna know.
What's the longest inland river's name, both in English and Chinese?
I know there are a lotta raisins produced in your hometown. What kinda grapes do you have in your hometown?
Can you ride a horse, y'know, cos you are living in the mountains, right?
How come Xinjiang is both the hottest and the coldest place? What kinda climate does your homeland belong to?

Use Magic Report

Threads

Friends

10#
Post on 2009-6-22 16:08:55 |View author's posts only
danielrayslee: So, it's Nanchang of Jiangsu province you are talking about. At first I'd thought it's gonna be Si'an, which all associates with the ancient emperors,
the questions you asked me are very fierce

but looked at your response to that Xinjiang guy, i'm so worried him
i believe he must put big effort to answer all Q's
but i like the Q's you asked himmy hometown is Nanjing not Nanchang, but it is in the Jiangsu Prov.
the longest bridge, i guess it must be Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge
the prevailing culture, i think citizens are still proud of living in a city that was the capital of 6 ancient dynasties.  and i think people still keep some culture the residents in the downstream of Yangtze should have  

i have not been to Jiangxi before, but i don't think it is similar to Jiangsu
beautiful girls are spreaded all over China, you can find them everywhere
the  ancient city walls were used to protect the city in the cold-weapon era
the government still keeps some parts of them as one of the symbol of Nanjing and  the places of interest for tourists

Use Magic Report

123Next
Return Post New Thread

每周一篇英文日志,坚持一年,你的英语能力将发生质的飞跃!

DioEnglish.com --- A Nice Place to Practice English and Make New Friends!

English Writing, English Blog, English Diary, 英语角, 英语写作, 英文写作, 英语交流, 英语日记, 英语周记, 英文日记, 英语学习, 英语写作网, 英语作文大全

Website Rules|Contact Us|茶文化|英文博客网 ( 京ICP备06064874号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-27 03:29