国际英文演讲高手指导第5课:知名演讲家谈怎样应付公众演讲恐惧
《国际英文演讲高手指导》 :用你的语言改变你的人生 精辟的演讲技巧为你揭开演讲之迷,从此踏上成功的演讲之路!商务演讲发掘在商界纵横捭阖,做一个出色的企业家必须具备的语言能力,展示企业家的风范!国家领导人经典演讲说出最代表中国国情的英语,介绍中国,传播文明!政治演讲了解政治演讲的风格,学习伟大政治家的演讲风范!把听众引入正确的位置深层挖掘演讲技巧,用精彩绝伦的语言套牢听众的视线、精神与灵魂。
Thips for Dealing with Nervousness from a Famous Speaker
知名演讲家谈怎样应付公众演讲恐惧
The following speech was given by a famous American speaker.
下面这篇是美国一著名演说家的演讲。
It is not only a good example of public speaking,it also shows us insight into nervousness reduction in public speaking.
它不但是一篇演讲的典范,同时也是对削减公众演讲恐惧的精辟论述。
Ladies and gentlemen,
先生们,女士们,
Today I want to talk about some tips to help deal with nervousness.
今天我想想谈谈处理演讲紧张的几个技巧。
Notice that I didn't say overcome nervousness?
不知道你有没有注意到我并没有说“消除恐惧”,
That is because I believe that there is nothing thatwill make you instantly calm while speaking in public except of course,for horse tranquilizers.
那只是因为我认为在公众演讲中你不可能保持绝对的平静,当然,除非你服用精神镇定剂。
The secret to achieving true calm,without drugs,is in practice.
真正要取得心理镇定的秘决是练习而不是通过镇定剂。
So I'd like to share some tips that will make you appear calmwhile you are working at expanding your comfort zone.
如果你一直在努力使自己演讲更加轻松的话,我想同你分享一下能够让你保持平静的几个秘诀。
First of all,the very best way to deal with nervousness is to practice.
首先,充足的练习是应付紧张的最好方法。
Practice your speech so much that you can do it while on autopilot.
经常练习演讲能够让你熟能生巧,发挥自如。
That way,your lips and bldy will know what to doeven if your mind has checked-out.
这样,即使你的大脑一片空白,你的嘴唇和身体的动作也会不由自主地协调起来。
While speaking,concentrate on breathing slowly and deeply.
说话的时候,保持呼吸缓慢而深沉,
Not only will you not hyperventilate this waybut you will also keep a nice steady supply of oxygenflowing through your blood stream.
这样你不但不会呼吸过度而变得闷抑,你还可以通过血液得到平稳的氧气供给。
Nervous people have a tendency to take short shallows breaths.
精神紧张的人往往趋向于呼吸急促且短浅。
Hum a key before you begin to speak and lower your voice just a tiny bit.
说话前为自己定一个调,声音放低一点。
The resultant noise will sound less like the pitch of a nervous mouse and more like a normal speaking voice.
这样你的声音就不会听起来过于紧张而更像一种自然说话声音。
Avoid nervous hand gestures,too.
还要避免紧张的手势动作,不要装腔作势,犹如穿着新装的皇帝。
Don't pretend that you are Adam and give yourself a fig leaf.
不要装腔作势,犹如穿着新装的皇帝。
Don't wring your hands like a substitute teacher in the wildest home room.
不要像在年级教室里的代课老帅一样使劲挥动双手。
If you haven't got a good use for them at the time,
如果你不是很擅长使用手势的话
keep those hands hanging freely at your side.
就让你的手在一旁自然放着。
And try to put the whole thing into perspective.
正确衡量整体事物。
What's there to be afraid of anyway?
究竟还有什么东西值得害怕呢?
Does the state of world peace hang on the result of this one presentation?
你的演讲影响着世界的和平?
Are small children going to die as result?
关系着儿童的生死?
Will it even be something that you remember in five years time?
五年后它还会成为你难以忘记的事情?
Why are we afraid of public speaking anyway?
公众演讲到底有什么恐惧的呢?
There is no good reason.
我们很难为恐惧找到其合理的理由。
We got something to say,why can't we say it?
我们有话要说,为什么不能说呢?
Some fears we have for a good reason.
但是有些恐惧确实有其存在的原因,
For instance,I'm not planning to take up sky diving any time soon.
例如,我们没有乘过飞机。
I'm not quite ready to die yet.
我们没有为死亡做好准备。
But fear of public speaking?
但却为什么偏要害怕公众演讲呢?
It si completely irrational.
这完全是荒谬无理的。
Think of the fear in that way and try to see it for what it really is,Stupid.
如果我们这样去想想,究竟为什么而害怕,就会发现这真是个太愚蠢的行为。
And if all else fails,quote a little Shakespeare.
如果一切都不能奏效的话,那就引用一些莎士比亚的名言。
I have a favorite line that gave me strenghtand I used to repeat it like a mantra.
我有一条非常喜爱的名言,曾经给我力量,我过去把它当作一条真理一样引用。
Unfortunately the context from which it comes is a teensy bit grim.
不幸的是,这句话的所出背景却有点残酷。
It hapens to be the tool that Lady MacBethused to talk the hubby into rubbing out the king.
它却是麦克白夫人用来要求丈夫除掉国王的工具。
But it is a great line,none the less.
但它确实很伟大。
And it is the line that I'd like to end this educational minute with.
在这里我想用此句来结束最后启发性的一刻。
It goes like this:Screw your courage to the sticking place and we shall not fail
它是这样的;挤出你最大的勇气我们就不会失败。
The truth about public speaking,however,is it does not have to be stressful!
人们对公众演讲都有很大的压力,其实不然。
If you corrctly understand the hidden causes of public speaking stress,
只要你真正理解公众演讲恐惧的潜在原因,
and if you keep just a key principles in mind,speaking in public will soon become an invigorating and satisfying experience for you.
只要你记住一些主要的方法,公众演讲一定会变成一次自信与满足的经历。
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/speech/14426.html