奥巴马每周电视演讲5月18日:如何创造向上繁荣的中产阶级(中英字幕)
在本周的讲话中,奥巴马总统谈论了他关于造就一个不断壮大、充满活力的中产阶级的理念,因为这是促进经济增长的真正动力,为了重新点燃这一引擎,继往开来、在过去四年成就的基础上取得更大的进步,我们就必须在就业、职业教育和公平机会上做更多投入。
Weekly Address
The White House
May 18, 2013
How to Build a Rising, Thriving Middle Class
如何造就一个不断壮大、充满活力的中产阶级 英语演讲稿带中文翻译:
Hi, everybody.
大家好,
Over the past few months, I've laid out a series of commonsense ideas to reignite the true engine of our economic growth: a rising, thriving middle class.
在过去的几个月里,我提出了一系列基本想法,希望重新点燃促进经济增长的希望之火:成就不断壮大、繁荣昌盛的中产阶级。
The way I see it, there are three areas where we need to focus.
在我看来,以下三个方面是需要我们关注的。
One: making America a magnet for good jobs.
第一:使在美国的工作待遇优厚;
Two: making sure our workers have the education and skills they need to do those jobs.
第二:确保我们的工人拥有这些工作岗位所需的教育及职业技能;
And three: making sure your hard work leads to a decent living.
其三:确保辛勤的付出能换来不错的生活。
I've also been visiting cities across the country that are doing some interesting and creative things along these lines.
我一直在踏遍全国各地寻找沿着这条路线做着引人入胜及充满创意工作的城市。
On Friday, I stopped by a factory in Baltimore that's creating good jobs here at home by exporting digging equipment abroad.
周五,我在巴尔的摩一家工厂停下脚步,这家工厂通过出口挖掘装备到海外,把好的工作岗位留在了国内。
I read with young kids in a pre-K program, where kids are getting a head start learning the skills they'll need to succeed in life.
我与学前班的孩子们一起阅读,他们所掌握的这些技能优势有助于在未来取得成功。
And I stopped by a program that's helping folks in tough circumstances– especially low-income dads—get the training and guidance they need to find work and support their families.
此外我了解到一个帮助人们走出困境的项目,尤其是低收入家庭的父亲们,项目中的培训和指导可以帮助他们找到工作,成为家庭的顶梁柱。
That's why I like getting out of the Washington echo chamber whenever I can—because too often, our politics aren't focused on the same things you are.
这就是为什么只要时间允许我就会远离华盛顿的喧嚣,倾听民众的原因,因为我们的政治家们有太多时候都不关注大家所关注的事情:
Working hard. Supporting your family and your community. Making sure your kids have every chance in life.
辛勤工作,供养家庭,承担社会责任,确保孩子们拥有人生应得的机遇。
More than anything, the American people make me optimistic about where we're headed as a nation.
最重要的是,美国人民让我对国家前进的方向充满信心。
Especially after all we've been through the past several years.
尤其是有了我们过去这些年的亲身经历后。
And that should encourage us to work even harder on the issues that matter to you.
而这些将激励我们在与大家密切相关的事情上更加努力的工作。
In a little over three years, our businesses have created more than 6.5 million new jobs.
3年多一点的时间里,我们的企业创造了650多万个新的就业岗位。
And while our unemployment rate is still too high, it' s the lowest it's been since 2008.
尽管我们的失业率依然居高不下,但这却是自2008年以来的最低。
But now we need to create even more good, middle-class jobs, and we need to do it faster.
现在,我们要为中产阶级创造更多的高薪就业岗位,而且我们要更快。
Corporate profits have skyrocketed to all-time highs.
企业利润也飞速上涨达到新高。
But now we need to get middle-class wages and incomes rising too.
但现在我们需要让中产阶级的工资收入也同样上涨。
Our housing market is healing.
我们的房产市场也正在复苏。
But we still need to help a lot more families stay in their homes, or refinance to take advantage of historically low rates.
但我们还需要帮助大量家庭保住房子,或者让他们可以利用历史性的低利率转按揭贷款。
And our deficits are shrinking at the fastest rate in decades.
而这10年来,我们的赤字正在以最快的速度下降。
But now we need to budget in a smarter way that doesn't hurt middle-class families or harm critical investments in our future.
但现在我们需要做出更明智的预算方案,不伤及中产家庭,也不损害未来的关键投资。
So in a lot of sectors, things are looking up.
因此从众多方面看来,事情正在好转。
The American auto industry is thriving.
美国汽车产业正重新焕发活力。
American energy is booming.
能源产业正在兴起。
And American ingenuity in our tech sector has the potential to change the way we do almost everything.
而且美国技术领域的天才们让我们有机会改变几乎所有做事的方式。
In the coming weeks, I'm going to visit more cities like Baltimore, and Austin, Texas—where I was two weeks ago;
在接下来的几周,我将继续访问像巴尔的摩、德克萨斯的奥斯汀这样的城市,两周前我刚刚去过那里;
places where Americans are coming together to strengthen their own communities and economies—and in the process, making this country better for all of us.
这些地方的人们团结一致,促进当地经济和社会的发展,而在这一进程中也促进了国家更好的发展。
And I'm going to keep trying to work with both parties in Washington to make progress on your priorities.
我将继续不断尝试与两党合作,在你们所关心的重要议题上取得进展。
Because I know that if we come together around creating more jobs, educating more of our kids, and building new ladders of opportunity for everyone who's willing to climb them—we'll all prosper, together.
因为我知道,只要我们创造更多就业岗位,教育好我们的孩子,让每个想要成功的人都能够把握成功的机会,我们将更加繁荣富强。
Thanks.
谢谢大家。
And have a great weekend.
祝你们周末愉快。
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/speech/14555.html