15种商务英语电话的应答
情况 (一) 打电话的人找的是你自己
Is Daisy there? (Daisy 在吗?) 我就是。
This is she. 我就是。 (注: 男的用 "This is he.")
You’re speaking/talking to her.
你正在跟她说话。 (注: 男的用 "You’re speaking/talking to him.")
This is Daisy. 我就是 Daisy。
That’s me. 我就是。
情况 (二) 打电话的人要找的人不在
May I speak to Mr. Gates? (请问 Gates 先生在吗?)
He’s not here right now. 他现在不在这里。
He’s out. 他出去了。
He’s in a meeting right now. 他现在正在开会。
You’ve just missed him. 你刚好错过他了。
He’s just stepped out. 他刚好出去了。
情况 (三) 打电话的人要找的人不在, 问对方是否要留言
Can I talk to Mark? (我可以跟 Mark 讲话吗?)
He’s out on his lunch break right now. Would you like to leave a message?
他出去吃午饭了, 你要留言吗?
He’s not available right now. Can I take a message?
他不在, 我可以帮你传话吗?
情况 (四) 打电话的人问他要找的人何时回来
Do you know when he will be back?
你知道他什么时候会回来吗?
I’m sorry. I don’t know.
抱歉, 我不知道。
I have no idea. 我不知道。
He should be back in 20 minutes.
他应该二十分钟内会回来。
情况 (五) 打电话的人问他要找的人在哪里
Do you have any idea where he is?
你知道他在哪里吗?
Sorry. I don’t know. 抱歉, 我不知道。
He’s at work right now. Do you want his phone number?
他现在在上班。你要不要他的电话号码?
情况 (六) 打电话的人要找的人不在, 愿意接受对方的留言
Can I leave a message? 我可以留个话?
Yes. Go ahead, please. 可以, 请继续。
Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab a pen and paper.
当然, 稍等一下让我拿个纸笔。
Sure, if you can excuse me for just a second. Let me find a piece of paper to write it down.
当然, 如果你可以等我一下下, 让我找张纸写下来。
情况 (七) 接受对方留言时听不清楚, 希望对方重复
When he comes back, can you have him call me at (206) 5551212?
他回来后, 能不能让他打 (206) 5551212 这个号码给我?
Can you repeat again, please? 能不能请你再重复一次?
(Say) Again, please? 再说一次好吗?
Pardon? 抱歉。(请再说一次)
Come again, please? 再说一次好吗?
I’m sorry? 抱歉。(请再说一次)
情况 (八) 对方希望留话, 怕听错了, 不想接受对方的留言
May I leave a message? 我能否留个话?
You know what? My English is not that great, and I don’t want to miss anything. Would you mind calling back later? I’m sorry.
你知道吗? 我的英文不是非常好, 我不想听错话。你介意稍后再打来吗? 我很抱歉。
If you don’t mind, could you please call back and leave a message on the answering machine? My English is not very good.
如果你不介意的话, 能否请你再打一次, 然后在录音机上留言? 我的英文不是很好。
情况 (九) 打电话的人要找的人是别人, 请对方稍等
Is Brandon there? Brandon 在吗?
Yes, he is. One moment, please. 他在。请稍等。
Hold, please. 请稍等。
Hold on, please. 请稍等。
Let me see if he’s here. Hang on. O.K.?
我看看他在不在。等一下, 好吗?
情况 (十) 对方打错电话
Can I speak to Alexander Walker?
我可以和 Alexander Walker 说话吗?
Alexander Walker? I’m sorry, but there’s nobody here by this name. Alexander Walker?
抱歉, 这里没这个人。
I’m sorry. I’m afraid you’ve got the wrong number.
抱歉, 恐怕你打错电话了。
What number did you dial? 你打几号?
情况 (十一) 跟对方要求跟(打电话的人)刚刚已经通过话的人再讲话
Can you put Daisy back on? I forgot to tell her something.
你能否请Daisy再来听电话呢? 我忘了跟她讲一件事。
Sure. I’ll go get her. 当然! 我这就去叫她。
情况 (十二) 电话没人接(或录音机)
旁人/你 (接电话的人)
Is he there? 他在吗?
No one is there. 没人在。
Nobody answered. 没人接。
No. I got the answering machine. 没有! 是录音机。
情况 (十三) 电话打不通
Did it go through? (电话)打通了吗?
The line was busy. 电话忙线。
I got the busy signals.. 电话忙线。
情况 (十四) (因自己忙等原因)请别人去接电话
甲/乙
Paul, can you answer the phone? I’m busy. Paul,
你能不能去接电话? 我在忙。
Can you get it, Paul? My hands are tied. Paul,
你能不能去接电话? 我现在不能接。
Yes, dear. 是的, 亲爱的。
情况 (十五) 接到无人电话(就是打来了却不说话的那种)
旁人/你 (接电话的人)
Who called? 谁打来的?
No one. He hung up on me. 没人。他把电话挂了。
Wrong number, I guess. He hung up without saying a word.
打错了, 我想。他一句话也没说就把电话挂了。
这一篇的「电话对答篇」 整理了几个录音机留言的参考范例。所有的例子都可以按自己的需要混合着用。
16. 范例 (一)
嗨!我是Abby。我现在不在家。请留言。 Hi! This is Abby. I’m not home right now. Please leave a message.
17. 范例 (二)
嗨!这里是555-5555。我们现在不在。请留言。谢谢! Hi! This is 555-5555. We’re not here. Please leave your message. Thank you.
18. 范例 (三)
嗨!我是Brenda。我现不能接电话。请你留言。我会尽快回你的电话。 Hi! This is Brenda. I can’t come to the phone at this time. Please leave a message and I’ll call you back as soon as possible.
19. 范例 (四)
嗨! 我是Aaron。我现在不是不在办公室里, 就是在电话中。请你留言。我会马上回你电话。 Hi, this is Aaron. I’m either away from my desk, or on the phone. Please leave a message and I’ll get right back to you.
20. 范例 (五)
嗨! 我是Ivy。对不起! 我错过你了。请在「嘟」声后留言。等我进来后就会回你电话。谢谢。 Hi, this is Ivy. Sorry. I missed you. Please leave a message at the tone. I’ll get back to you when I get in. Thanks.
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/business/100266.html