谁才是有色人种?
编辑点评:本文是经典的英语美文,站在一个弱势群体:有色人种的角度向白人主权社会发起的质疑和挑战。在欣赏原作的勇气和独立精神时,大家也不放学习文章用到的颜色的引申义。比如生病时用green,生气时用yellow等。
Dear white, something you got to know
亲爱的白种人,有几件事你必须知道。
When I was born, I was black.
当我出生时,我是黑色的
When I grow up, I am black.
我长大了,我是黑色的
When I'm under the sun, I'm black.
我在阳光下,我是黑色的
When I'm cold, I'm black.
我寒冷时,我是黑色的
When I'm afraid, I'm black.
我害怕时,我是黑色的
When I'm sick, I'm black.
我生病了,我是黑色的
When I die, I'm still black.
当我死了,我仍是黑色的。
you―white people,
你――白种人
When you were born, you were pink.
当你出生时,你是粉红色的
When you grow up, you become white.
你长大了,变成白色的
You're red under the sun.
你在阳光下,你是红色的
You're blue when you're cold.
你寒冷时,你是青色的
You are yellow when you're afraid.
你害怕时,你是黄色的
You're green when you're sick.
你生病时,你是绿色的
You're gray when you die.
当你死时,你是灰色的
And you, call me color?
然后,你叫我“有色种人”?
散文本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/essay/55650.html