手机版

国际英文演讲高手指导第7课:联合国秘书长安南演讲

阅读 :

《国际英文演讲高手指导》 :用你的语言改变你的人生 精辟的演讲技巧为你揭开演讲之迷,从此踏上成功的演讲之路!商务演讲发掘在商界纵横捭阖,做一个出色的企业家必须具备的语言能力,展示企业家的风范!国家领导人经典演讲说出最代表中国国情的英语,介绍中国,传播文明!政治演讲了解政治演讲的风格,学习伟大政治家的演讲风范!把听众引入正确的位置深层挖掘演讲技巧,用精彩绝伦的语言套牢听众的视线、精神与灵魂。

Secretary-General remarks to the staff of the United Nations on the Nobe Peace Prize Award

联合国秘书长安南就诺贝尔和平奖向全体联合国职员发表评论

Since ,the prize has been awardedto those who have made major contributions in the struggle for world peace.

从 年来,诺贝尔和平奖一直颁发给为世界和平做出贡献的人。

This year the United Nations and its Secretary-General,Kofi Annan were awarded Nobel Peace Prizefor their work for a better organized and more peaceful world.

肯定了他们为营造一个和平、有秩序的世界所做出的努力。

I believe as we listened to the Nobe]Citation we also realized the challenge,

我相信当我们听到(诺贝尔委员会)的褒奖时,

the challenge thrown to us by the Nobel Committee.

我们同样意识到由诺贝尔委员会给予我们的挑战.

I am sure we will rise up to the challenge.

我相信我们战胜这个挑战.

When I was reappointed Secretary-General,one of our colleagues,Ibrahima Fall,

当我再次连任联合国秘书长时,

was travelling through Africa,and he met an old man,an old man he didn't know.

我们其中的一个同事,艾布莱翰玛.科尔正游历非洲,

The old man said to him,I have a message for the Secretary-General-

那位老人对他说,我有一个口信给联合国秘书长--

tell him we are happy that he is reappointed

告诉他我们对他的连任感到很高兴,

but he must take time to celebrate his achievementsand successes to be able to focus on challenges ahead.

但他一定要花时间庆祝一下他的成绩和成功,以使他能够集中精力迎接前面的挑战.

In effect,it is the same message we are getting from the Nobel Cmmittee,

实际上,这也是我们从诺贝尔委员会得到的同一个信息,

that there are challenges ahead.We have had some successes and failures,and they expect us to work hard and meet those challenges.

在我们前面还有很多挑战.在这,我们希望我们继续努力迎接那些挑战.

This is an indispensable or-ganization,

联合国是一个必不可少的组织,

but an organization that can only workbecause of the staff and their contribution and your dedication.

但也是一个全因有了其全体职员的贡献及他们的奉献才能运作的组织.

Our staff are often on the frontlines.

我们的工作人员经常站在最工作的前线.

In the past week alone we have lost about ten colleagues,in Georgia and in Afghanistan.

单上星期在乔治亚州和阿富汗我们就已经失去了大约十名同事.

And yet our staff keep at it.

然而我们的工作人员依然坚守他们的工作岗位.

You are prepared to go to any corner of the world in the service of peace

and the work of the United Nations.

你们都随时准备到世界任一角落为和平和联合国服务工作.

Today that work had been recognized.

今天我们的工作获得了公认.

We have won the Nobel Prize,and I think it is a shot in the armthat is really deserved and needed.

我们获得了诺贝尔奖,我想这是我们应得的一种激励.

I hope it will urge us forward and encourage all of usto tackle our tasks with even greater determination.

我希望它能激励我们向前和鼓励我们所有人以更大决心进行我们的任务和工作.

I know as we press forward,we can count on the cooperation,the support and encour-agement of our Member States ,

我明白当我们奋力向前的时候,我们依靠的是我们成员国的合作,支持和鼓励,

because the UN is them,and the UN is us.

因为联合国就是他们本身,联合国就是我们自己.

I am sure that together,we will neet the challenges ahead.

我相信团结,我们就能迎接前面的挑战.

I siad this morning to the press that the world is a messy place,and unfortunately the messier it gets,the more work we have to do.

今早在记者会上我说这世界是一个混乱,我们就必须做越多的工作.

And so to wake up to a morning like this,a morning of recognition,a morning of encouragement for all of us,is something that we should cherish.

而对于在这样醒来的一个清晨,一个对我们所有人鼓舞的清晨,是我们应该好好珍惜的.

But we should cherish this in a sense of deciding to even try harder.

而且我们应怀着更努力尝试的决心来珍惜这样的褒奖.

So,my good friends,let me say congratulations to all of you.

因此,我的挚友们,让我向你们所有人祝贺.

Let me say that if the UN has achieved anything it is because of the work that you do,

也就是说,如果联合国获得了褒奖的话,这完全是归因于你们所做的工作,

and your dedication,and we look forward to many more years of that kind of service.

你们的奉献,我们期望一如既往地继续这种服务.

And who knows,if you keep at it,maybe some of you will see another Nobel peace prize.

谁知道,如果你们坚持的话,可能你们中一些人会目睹另一位诺贝尔和平奖得主.

If you are going to get that next Nobel Peace Prize,I think we had better go back to work.

如果你们想再获得下一届的诺贝尔和平奖,我想我们最好现在回到工作岗位上继续工作.
 

更多 英语演讲小短文英文演讲稿英语演讲稿 相关文章和资料,请继续关注 英语作文大全

本文标题:国际英文演讲高手指导第7课:联合国秘书长安南演讲 - 英语演讲稿_英语演讲稿范文_英文演讲稿
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/speech/14424.html

相关文章

你可能感兴趣