中国成语寓言故事70:The Turtledove Talks to the Owl斑鸿说袅(双语)
One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest. It happened that a turtledove was also resting there. Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked:
一天,猫头鹰一个劲儿地向东方飞去,飞得精疲力尽,停在树林里休息。一只斑鸿恰巧也在那里休息,听见猫头鹰呼味呼味地喘气,就对猫头鹰说:
"Where are you going in such a hurry?"
“你这样急急忙忙地赶路,去哪儿呀?”
The owl said:
猫头鹰说:
"I am moving to the east."
“我想到东方去住。”
The turtledove asked closely:
斑鸡追问:
“Why?”
“为什么?”
The owl said:
猫头鹰说:
"The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer. I must move to a new place."
“西边的人,都说我叫的声音很难听,都讨厌我。在那儿我住不下去了,非换个地方不可!”
The turtledove said:
斑鸿说:
"Can you solve your problem by changing a place? In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."
“难道换个地方就可以解决问题吗?我看,不管你搬到哪里去,都没有用!”
The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise:
猫头鹰觉得斑坞的话太气人,便惊奇地问:
"Can you forecast the future?"
“你能未卜先知?”
The turtledove said:
斑鸡说:
"This is very simple. If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."
“这很简单,如果你不改变你的叫声,那么东边的人也一样会讨厌你的!”
(编者注:如果喜欢本文章可以点击文章右上方的关注或者右下角的赞哦!感谢各位读者。)
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/story/14063.html