手机版

中国成语寓言故事71:Three Metaphors for Life人生三喻(双语)

阅读 :


    One day, Ping Gong, the King of the State of Jin, said to his minister Shi Kuang:

    有一天,晋国君主晋平公对他的臣子师旷说:

    "I am over 70 years old. Though I "am eager to read some books, I feel it is too late."

    “我已经七十多岁了,虽然很想读些书,但是,总觉得时间太晚了!”

    Shi Kuang said:

    师旷说:

    "Too late? Why don't you light the candle?"

    “时间太晚吗?为卜么不把蜡烛点起来呢?”

    Ping Gong said:

    平公说:

    "I am serious. But you go so far as to make fun of me!"

    “我和你说正经话,怎么,你竟和我开起玩笑来了!”

    Shi Kuang said:

    师旷说:

    "How dare I, a blind minister, make fun of Your Majesty? I heard that when a man in his youth is fond of studying, he is like the rising sun, brilliant and magnificent; when a man in the prime of life is fond of studying, he is like the sun at noon, with still half a day's good time ahead; when a man in his old age is fond of studying, he is like the flame of a candle. Though the light is failing, it is better than groping in the dark."

    “我这个双目失明的臣子,哪里敢和大王开玩笑!我听说,一个人在少年的时候好学,就像初升的太阳那样,辉煌而灿烂;壮年的时候好学,犹如正午的太阳,还有半天的好时光呢;老年的时候好学,就像蜡烛的火焰一样。蜡烛的光亮虽然是有限的,但是有了它,总比在黑暗中摸索着前进要好些吧!”

    Hearing Shi Kuang's words, Ping Gong of Jin said with pleasure:

    听了师旷的话,晋平公高兴地说:

    "How well you have put it!"
 

    “你说得多好啊!”(编者注:如果喜欢本文章可以点击文章右上方的关注或者右下角的赞哦!感谢各位读者。)
 

更多 英语故事英语小故事英文故事英语童话故事,请继续关注 英语作文大全

本文标题:中国成语寓言故事71:Three Metaphors for Life人生三喻(双语) - 英语故事_英文故事_英语小故事
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/story/14064.html

相关文章

你可能感兴趣