知行哈哈糖英语笑话之工作篇02:继续开我的卡车
知行哈哈糖英语笑话之工作篇
02:keep driving my truck 继续开我的卡车
With several years of Army National Guard duty under his belt,
依仗着在陆军国家护卫队服役的几年经验,
my roommate applied for officer training.
我的室友提交了参加军官培训的申请。
But his lifelong dreams were dashed after he failed the eye exam.
但他的毕生梦想在体检未通过后破灭
"That's too bad," I sympathized.
“太糟了”,我同情地说。“
"Does that mean you now have to quit the Guard entirely?"
“这是不是意味着你完全不能再在护卫队工作了?”
"No, I get to keep my old job," he said. "Driving trucks."
“这倒不是,我还是干我的原来的工作”,他说。“开卡车”。
【多学一点】
under one's belt 有时实在的经验
eg:With an accounting course under my belt, I can do the bookkeeping.
dash = break into piece打成碎片
dash v.泼溅
eg:He recovered consciousness when they dashed water in his face.
sympathize v.同情
sympathize with somebody 同情某人
本文地址:http://www.dioenglish.com/writing/humor/8107.html